Sweltering summer days like these call for a minimum of physical exertion, and salad. Lots of salad. Salade Niçoise is one of those classics that never get boring. It’s so easy to put together you can focus all your remaining energy on making it look pretty.
Ingredients (for 2):
2 cans of tuna (MSC certified)
150 g green beans/haricot verts
6 anchovy fillets
a handful of black olives
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 heaped tsp grainy mustard
- Boil the eggs for 7 minutes, then put in a bowl of cold water.
- Snip the ends off the green beans and boil them until tender, but not mushy.
- Make the dressing with mustard, oil, vinegar salt and pepper.
- Arrange everything on a plate, in a bowl or wherever you want it and add the dressing.
- Take your salad out into the garden and enjoy with a glass of white wine