Courgette and mint are classic partners and a salty cheese like pecorino lifts their flavours even more. This quick and tasty omelette can be served as part of a healthy breakfast, brunch, lunch or even as a light supper. Adding raw courgette slivers to the egg-mixture gives the omelette a nice crunch and perfectly ripe, juicy tomatoes provide an attractive colour contrast and a hint of sweetness.
Ingredients (for 2):
1/2 courgette, coarsely grated
a handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
a chunk of pecorino cheese, finely grated
extra sea salt
some chopped fresh tomatoes on the side
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the grated courgette, pecorino, pepper and finely chopped mint.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a flat frying pan.
- Fry the omelette for a few minutes on one side and when it’s just sturdy enough slide it onto a plate, turn the plate over in the pan and fry the other side of the omelette.
- Serve when it is golden brown on the outside but still has a slightly gooey centre.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and some coarse sea salt and serve with chopped fresh tomatoes.