This is an incredibly tasty and simple pasta dish that everyone should try! The combination of crunchy almond chunks, raw garlic, olive oil, fresh basil, salty pecorino cheese and sweet ripe tomatoes is so good you’ll wish you had more of it.
Ingredients (for 2):
200 g linguine
75 g pecorino, grated
1 big clove of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
2 large handfuls of basil, finely chopped
50 g chopped almonds
black pepper (optional)
8 cocktail vine tomatoes, quartered
- First off, let me say that these things are absolutely essential! Having pre-chopped almonds will save you so much trouble, this will mean the difference between an easy meal and a hell of a job. Trust me, chopping almonds yourself is a crappy and time-consuming chore that I don’t wish on anyone, so just buy pre-chopped ones. Alternatively, if you’re one of those lucky bastards who own a food processor you can use that.
- Slightly toast the almond chunks in a dry frying pan. Then set aside.
- Put the almonds in a big mixing bowl, then prepare your other ingredients. Finely grate the pecorino cheese, chop the basil, and add them to the mix. Add garlic, black pepper and finish off with a little olive oil to bind it all together.
- Quarter your tomatoes, then using your fingers squash them into the pesto mixture.
- Boil the linguine for 5 minutes in salted boiling water. Drain and immediately mix with the pesto. Eat a.s.a.p: after all, la pasta non aspetta!