Once again, I was inspired by the fabulous Angel Adoree. Although she uses this recipe as one of three mini pasta dishes, I tweaked the amounts so it can serve as a filling main course and it has been a firm favourite ever since.
Ingredients (for 2):
200 g fusili or other pasta
75-100 g pancetta or high-quality thin bacon, chopped
1 tin of anchovy fillets in oil, chopped
5-6 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp capers
4 shallots or 2 red onions, finely chopped
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
200 ml red wine
- Gently fry the pancetta in a dry frying pan, until it releases some of its fat and becomes soft. Don’t let it brown.
- Add the chopped onion, a little extra olive oil and fry until soft.
- Add the anchovy, tomatoes, capers and parsley.
- Add 200 ml red wine and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil your fusili and drain. Mix the sauce with the pasta and serve!